Friday, October 25, 2013

Graduation Cookies

So graduation season was months and months ago. But as we've already established, I am months and months behind and re-entry into the real world will likely be painful and is coming sooner than I like.


My sister-in-law asked me to make these for her daughter to give to her dance friends that were graduating. Lucky for everyone, I had already baked these cookies and had them in the freezer for another project (which never happened).
I don't know how other people design cookies, but since I knew I had this shape baked this is what I did. I actually printed an outline of the cookie cutter from here in the approximate size the finished cookie was (since I wasn't at home) and then roughed it out.


Of course I had to take the "close up" shot of the cookie that shows a prime example of the icing being too runny. The "d" closed up, so I dropped a dot of white icing in the middle so it wasn't just a blob with a stick.  Looking back I also think I should have put a 2013 in the scrolly border area of the cookie. You know what they say about hindsight!


This was my first time using a dehydrator to speed along the drying process and the icing on a few of my cookies cracked. Since I had an extra, I made my husband a Mustang logo cookie and told him this was as close as he was getting to a Mustang. I don't think he appreciated my humor. :)

I should also note that these are all photos from my phone. I don't know if there will be a noticeable difference in quality but I may have posted them sooner had they been taken with a normal camera.  Ha ha! Kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment